2015 Butterfly Trips to Mexico
I am just back from the monarch butterfly areas of Mexico state and Michoacán and we are set to schedule our monarch butterfly tours for early 2015. The first will start on about Feb 16 and the second will start about March 6. Both will include options to see three butterfly nesting areas and we should have good viewing at all of them. Note that all of the areas require some hiking and one of them (Cerro Pelon) is accessed by a very rigorous hike or horse ride. It is possible to skip this area and still have a full butterfly migration experience. We will also visit Rosario and one or two other areas.
Here is the plan:
- All will fly in and out of Mexico City and there will be options to add days onto the beginning of your monarch tour.
- There will be three nights out west of Mexico City.
- You will need to be able to walk at least some to enjoy this trip.
- The monarch populations seem to be up this year from the last few years
- I will post details in a few days–contact me if you are interested- 217.369.9897 or email@example.com