Copper Canyon Trips For 2017
Travelers visit Copper Canyon for Mexico’s only passenger train that took 100 years to build and traverses 87 tunnels and 37 bridges. Then there are the barefoot running Raramuri of “Born to Run” fame. There is the gracious Chihuahua hospitality and hearty food—and top it off with the simple majesty of the place.
Our Copper Canyon team of guides are local and fully knowledgeable about the place. They serve you by arranging everything, solving problems that come up, and being alert to options that pop up along the journey. Most of all they are fun to be with and love to see our guests truly connect with Mexico and its people.
Here is a brief typical itinerary for our classic train trip through the heart of Copper Canyon:
There are many options on our Copper Canyon trips:
• Length—usually 5-12 days
• Hotels – basic and comfortable, no sleeping facilities on the train
• Starting point- can be El Paso, Phoenix, Chihuahua City, Los Mochis, Baja
• Ending point –any of the above—good airports are Chihauhua City (CUU) and Cabo (SJD)
• Train time- we always include the heart of the trip from Bahuichivo to El Fuerte and more on either end can be included as well.
• Activities- culinary including cooking classes, horse riding, hiking, photography, bird watching, running with Raramuri runners.
• Chickens- helping with our ongoing Copper Canyon Chicken Project in which needy families receive young laying chickens
• Places- waterfalls, bottom of the canyons, remote villages, hot springs, room with a view with your feet up
• We can customize your trip to fit your interests and schedule—so call or email for info.
Fine print: We don’t like or have much fine print. But you need to know that itineraries are never guaranteed. Usually they change a bit on the trip and as the group agrees, they turn out better than originally planned. Hotels listed are not certain to be the ones for your trip. Sometimes we change to equivalent hotels for various reasons. Also while our trips are not rigorous, sleep on the ground ones, there is walking and activity involved—so walk for a few miles every day the month before your trip. Also, no whiners….bring your sense of humor and have fun!
Contact: email@example.com / 217.369/9897 / www.AuthenticMexicoTravel.com
Pricing: Cost is $1895 per person, double occ/Single occ is $2095. Includes all transport from CUU to SJD, meals as noted, guide, hotels. Does not include entry fees, other meals, tips, alcohol.
MEXICO: SAFE. ENCHANTING. GET THERE.