What Authentic Means
We offer authentic small group travel experiences in the richest of
Mexico’s interior cultural destinations.
[ə-ˈthén-tik: real or genuine: not copied: true and accurate]
- Authentic Copper Canyon– More vast than our Grand Canyon, this Chihuahua wonder features the infamous CHEPE train (86 tunnels and 37 bridges), the mystical barefoot running Tarahumara, and delicious Norteño foods and spirits.
- Authentic Puebla-US tourists usually miss this fascinating state….but you should not. Our Puebla trip includes the historic gem of PueblaCity as well as the remote villages of the north including Jonotla, Tlatlauqitepec, and Cuetzalan. Pole flyers, butterflies, jungles, local foods (ever eaten a tlayoyo?), and warm hospitality.
- Authentic Oaxaca– From the quiet enchantment of OaxacaCity and the central valleys to the pristine, un-crowded coastline, our excursions to Oaxaca give you an in-depth experience in this amazing state. Think chocolate to die for, ruins, music, mescal, fabrics, mole of all colors, sea turtles and crocodiles…and more chocolate.
- Authentic Chiapas– Your immersion into this verdant southern state will center in the cobblestone streets of San Cristóbal and extend out to the ruins at Palenque, coffee plantations, indigenous villages, waterfalls and canyons, and a myriad of in-depth experiences.
- Authentic Veracruz– There is no place with the romance of Veracruz. There is music and dance, food and drink, mountains and beaches, ruins and coffee plantations, and a laid back vibe that will draw you in. Be ready to eat, laugh, swim, learn, visit and relax.
Our small group customized tours can include:
- Culinary trips focused on local cuisine
- Wildlife experiences like bird watching, sea turtles, butterflies, sea life
- Hiking and running trips featuring the Tarahumara runners of “Born to Run” fame
- The monarch butterflies on Michoacan
- Options for add-on days in Mexico City with walking tour
Contact: Dave Hensleigh, 217.369.9897, email@example.com