Ah Puebla–this city and state are so much the essence of old Mexico and yet so undiscovered by today’s travelers. Poblanos (people who inhabit the place) can be a bit distant and the culture in potent….which makes travel there a delight.
Travel to all of Mexico is so convenient for US people- same time zone and great airline connections. (Interjet, Aeromexico, Volaris, and others have flights to Mexico from many major US cities.) But Puebla is one of the easiest places to get to in all of Mexico. From the Mexico City airport, you can be in Puebla City in about two hours.
Our trips to Puebla will flex to fit your interests and will include not just Puebla City but the hinterlands of the Sierra Norte as well.
Here are some options:
- The ruins at Cholula and other spots across the state
- Cooking classes–they vary a lot by the season and include local ingredients
- Jungle hikes that feature plants, butterflies, waterfalls, and wildlife
- Hands on tours of local pottery producers
- Artisan markets and out of the way stops such as local weavers
- Magic towns in remote areas
- Coffee plantations- including organic ones
- Markets of all kinds
- Local and unique foods and spirits
- Puebla is also featured on our Day of the Dead tour to Oaxaca.
Call Dave at 217.369.9897 or email email@example.com for info on our current trips to Puebla.